Got any questions? I'm happy to help
How to Make and Cancel an Appointment
How to make a routine appointment
- E-Consult on our website
- Phone 01656 754200
- E-mail via our secure online form
- Face to face at the desk
- Walk in at baby clinic
- My Health Online
- Due to current demand our wait for a Routine Appointment is up to 3 weeks.
- Patients have the option to book a routine appointment in the ways previously outlined and can select how they prefer to be consulted ( F2F, telephone or video).
- We also have Web appointments available for booking online and are available in advance.
- Due to the current wait we advise that anything routine needing to be seen within a certain timeframe needs to be booked up in advance.
- Routine Appointments such as travel health, contraception, or request for extra medication to be ordered prior to going on holiday needs to be booked in advance to allow time to complete.
- Reception staff are experienced in local services and can offer a comprehensive knowledge of alternative services available including Physio self-referral, Pharmacy Minor ailment schemes and cluster-based services. They can also refer to third sector care navigators for complex needs and advice.
How to request an urgent appointment
GPs are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need to see a GP outside normal surgery hours you can still phone your GP surgery - you'll be directed to phone the GP out-of-hours service on 111. The out-of-hours service runs from 6.30pm to 8.00am on weekdays and all day at weekends and on bank holidays.
If you need urgent medical attention but it's not a life-threatening situation, you should first call 111. If you think life is at risk, you should call 999.
NHS 111 will assess you and give you the option to speak to a nurse, doctor, or paramedic if appropriate.
You'll then be advised where you need to go for treatment.
This could be an urgent treatment centre, an out-of-hours GP service, your local GP in normal hours, or the nearest A&E if necessary.
Your surgery will make sure you get to speak to a healthcare professional on the same day if you have an urgent condition.
Urgent & Emergency Appointments
- The practice offers all patients a comprehensive and efficient service to ensure the correct treatment is offered by the relevant healthcare professional, in the most appropriate place, at the clinically appropriate timescale.
- Due to our current demand, we have reviewed the way that we book our Urgent & Emergency slots. These slots are unfortunately limited, so the safest and fairest way to ensure our most vulnerable and unwell patients are seen as a priority is to triage every patient requesting these types of appointments.
- Our reception team have been trained to ask specific questions to all patients requesting appointments for acute presentations. The questions will be asked by Reception Team to help determine which clinician would be most suitable at the most appropriate time. Dependant on assessment, face to face or telephone consultation may be offered on the same day, or you will be re-directed to alternative services.
- Appointments can be provided at another day for either face to face, telephone. Home visits can be arranged for our house bound patients.
Alternatives to attending the Surgery
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.