Specialist Dietitian for Irritable Bowel Syndrome

If you’ve experienced recent bowel changes, the information on the NHS link below may be useful and will help you decide whether you should discuss this with your GP.

If you suffer from constipation or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) then information can also be found on the diet link. Try this basic dietary advice for a month to see if it improves your symptoms.

The suggested dietary changes may help improve your symptoms, but if not your GP can refer you to a Specialist Dietitian. This service is for adults only. 

Before your GP refers you to the Specialist Dietitian:

  • You should have read the NHS information
  • You should have tried the dietary changes recommended above for a month
  • You should be motivated to make temporary dietary changes
  • You should be capable of buying/preparing your own food

Further Information